MySQL is an open source Relational Database Management System. MySQL is very fast reliable and flexible Database Management System. It provides a very high performance and it is multi-threaded and multi-user Relational Database management system
MySQL is one of the most popular relational database Management System on the web. The MySQL Database has become the world’s most popular open source Database because it is free and available on almost all the platforms. The MySQL can run on Unix, window, and Mac OS. MySQL is used for the internet applications as it provides good speed and is very secure. MySQL was developed to manage large volumes of data at very high speed to overcome the problems of existing solutions. MySQL can be used for the verity of applications but it is mostly used for the web applications on the internet.
Following are a list of MySQL features:
- MySQL is very fast and much reliable for any type of application.
- MySQL is very Lightweight application
- MySQL command line tool is very powerful and can be used to run SQL queries against database
- MySQL Supports indexing and binary objects.
- It allows changes to structure of table while server is running
- MySQL has a wide user base
- It is a very fast thread-based memory allocation system
- MySQL Written in C and C++ language
- MySQL code is tested with different compilers
- MySQL is available as a separate program for use in a client/server network environment
- The MySQL available for the most Unix operating platform
- MySQL is available for window operating system window NT, Window 95, and window 98.
- MySQL available for OS/2
- Programming libraries for C, Python, PHP, Java, Delphi etc. are available to connect to MySQL database
Reliability and Performance
MySQL is very reliable and high-performance relational database management system. It can use to store many GB’s of data into database
Availability of Source
MySQL source code is available that’s why now you can recompile the source code
MySQL supports more than twenty different platforms including the major Linux distribution.Mac OS X , Unix, and Microsoft Windows.
Large pool of Trained and Certified Developers
MySQL is very popular and it is the world most popular open source Database. So it is easy to find high-quality staff around the world.
Powerful Uncomplicated software
The MySQL has most capabilities to handle most corporate database application and used to very easy and fast
MySQL 5 Features
There is three feature of MySQL 5.0 version:-
The view is a virtual table which acts as a table but it contains no data. Views are created using columns from one or more tables
Stored Procedures and Functions
MySQL 5.0 now supports Stored Procedures and Functions. This allows you to embed business logic at the database level.
The Triggers is another very imported feature available with MySQL 5.0. Now can add some business logic whenever data is inserted, Deleted or updated in the table.
Following are listed some more topics about MySQL: